Home stagers offer a multitude of services when it comes to preparing the house for selling. True, the real hands-on staging work involves better furniture placement, decluttering, hanging art, accessorizing, and creating an overall harmonious and balanced look for the home seller’s potential target market buyer. But in truth, we do so much more!
One of the services that many home sellers don’t realize we offer is SHOPPING. Now as a home stager I think it would be a fair statement to say that most of us love to do this for our clients. While I do it fairly frequently for home sellers I often do it for home dwellers. This is the person who admits they have little home decor style sense and do not know how to pull their look together. They may not even know what style they are because they don’t know what they really like. They are afraid to ‘take the risk’ of buying something that doesn’t work.
So the home stager comes to their rescue. This is the simple process that I go through with clients I need to shop for:
* have a consultation about what they feel is lacking in their home
* ask them of the furnishings they have what do they really love, and/or do they want you to keep and use in the home transformation
* take photos of all of the rooms that need some art, accessories etc. and make a list of what you need to purchase
* get a retainer/deposit for the amount you think you will need to purchase product for them (often getting a cheque is good because you can cash it and if anything has to be returned the client can do that if they want to get something different – if you choose to use your credit card you will need to take anything back that does not work)
* if you are somewhat unsure of what the client will love, then take photos of the products and send them to your client to get their feedback – this way you will be 100% on track. I did this with this client and was glad I did because she absolutely loved the home makeover with the new purchases!
* PRES stagers use their 10 Step Formula to redesign and/or stage the rooms so by following this process they can easily incorporate the furnishings the clients love with the new ones they have purchased
DINING ROOM BEFORE SHOPPING
DINING ROOM AFTER SHOPPING and REDESIGN
This client said she feels like she really has a re-energized home and she just LOVES everything we did!