Confidence comes when you blast through your doubt and fears as you take your business to a new level. It requires the right mindset, taking action and trusting your intuition. Lack of confidence can stop the most passionate entrepreneur and it doesn’t matter if you are just starting your home staging business or have been successful for several years. You can create success for yourself starting exactly where you are right now. Anyone can take action in spite of doubt and fear – these are normal emotions in business that we all have. But, fear of failure or fear of success are not reasons for you not to take action.
Having the right mindset means telling that little negative voice in your head to take a hike. It’s really your ego trying to keep you just where you are. But your dream of creating a successful home staging business is what is going to propel you forward to take action in spite of the negative chatter. We all have what are called ‘panic attacks’ where we start thinking “Can I really do this? What was I thinking? Everything seems to be against me. No one is buying my staging services. They didn’t choose my company, I must be doing something wrong.” …and on and on it goes. STOP IT!
So you can continue to play ‘small’ or you can decide to blast through your fear to get over to the other side and start playing ‘BIGGER’. When you stop giving ‘fear’ the power over you, your life changes. You gain confidence, your muscles grow. You feel the success and you love it.
Fear will never go away but as you gain confidence you aren’t so depressed as you once were thinking you couldn’t accomplish something. By taking action you are going to be attracting new opportunities to your business. Things you may have never thought you would be doing sound good to you. Just do an intuitive check: Is this an opportunity or a distraction? You know the difference so be true to yourself.
Once you start investing positive energy into your ‘self’ you will start making progress. The confidence cycle starts all over again but each time you feel less afraid because you have proof that you can succeed. You have the right positive mindset, you have taken action and you used your intuition to determine if what you were thinking of doing was a real opportunity to grow or not.
As you continue to grow and try new things in your home staging business you will take your confidence to a new level. Forget about being told to ‘play it safe’, ‘it’s just a hobby for her’, it’s not a good time to take a risk’ – JUST GO FOR IT! When you take chances and they work, your confidence muscles start growing and growing.
Here are some TIPS on how you can grow your CONFIDENCE MUSCLES:
- Really look at all the things you have accomplished each day. Focus on what % went well and not the mistakes – I have done 5 excellent staging jobs this month and the last one was not my best. Focus on the 5 not the 1.
- Record your accomplishments daily – list 5 each day at night or first thing in the morning and celebrate them.
- Keep a page of your favourite testimonials and read them before you meet with a realtor or home owner for a consultation.
- Think about the best sales call you have ever had and ‘feel’ how good you felt, then make your phone calls.
- If you did not reach your income goal for this year go back and see the accomplishments you did make and make some adjustments for this year. Look at where you did make money and congratulate yourself.
- To build your confidence muscles celebrate even the smallest thing you did that you didn’t think you could do. Make it a habit and it will start to build inside you.
Confidence is organic – it grows. Whenever you take your business to a new level whether you are a newbie or not, fear will come up. Each time you accomplish a goal your build your confidence muscles. You become stronger and stronger in your authentic self.