Secrets Pres Home Stagers Use to Source Rentals
March 5, 2010 By Pres Ⓡ Staging Resource Centre
Pres home stagers and redesigners offer their clients a wide variety of services. One of them is called ‘sourcing’ (seek out) rental furnishings. Pres graduates will source the best rental furnishings to give broad buyer appeal to their sellers’ target markets. Many clients will use rentals if their property is vacant, or their existing furnishings do not quite give the wow look.
In the Lower Mainland of BC we are fortunate to have many rental furnishing companies to choose from. In other parts of BC and Alberta there are a few rental furnishing companies but not as good or as large as a company such as Fluff Designs in Vancouver. Most home stagers have their own small inventory and rely on rental stores to provide larger items such as sofas, desks, beds, etc. Many home stagers in smaller locations have larger inventory especially when they know they can provide better quality and styles of furnishings than local suppliers. Kym Tarr of Shoe String Interior Staging in Kelowna has great furnishings she offers her clientele.
Here are a few Top Secrets about the process and how it works best:
1) be open to what the Pres stager has to say about your furnishings whether you need some or have a vacant home – we are the experts here
2) the Pres stager will go to the rental furnishing store that they believe will have the best product/inventory to meet your needs. They may go to several stores before they finally decide on the best one for you. This can take up to 8 hours if it is a very large property.
3) Pres stagers will work within your budget to meet your needs. Once we have a quote we will review it with you for your approval.
4) Many Pres stagers have some of their own inventory and may choose some items of their own to use, and, some from a rental furnishing company
5) Pres Stagers know the best colour schemes for selling and will select product to work best with what you have or what they need to create for you.
6) Once Pres stagers have selected the appropriate inventory arrangements are made for delivery and they are there ready to go with the installation/staging set up
7) When the property is sold the seller notifies the stager and the stager comes to destage and the movers come for the pick up back to the rental furnishing store.
We make it seem ‘easy peasy’ but it takes a lot of skill to be a versatile Pres Stager!!!
Posted on Fri, March 5, 2010
by Colleen McClure filed under