December 24, 2010 By Pres Ⓡ Staging Resource Centre
For almost a decade now, I have been teaching either interior decorating, home redesign and/or home staging almost exclusively to women just like you who have a dream. My role is to educate you in these disciplines. Your role is take what you have learned and make your dream business a reality.
Interestingly enough over this time period, I would say over 50% of the students that I have taught let the dream die. Why? Why is it that some soar with their dream and create exciting businesses for themselves? I teach the same things to all the students so what happens?
This is what I think happens:
* you do not get the support in your home life that you need
* you lose your focus too quickly
* you did not realize that you would be a solo-preneur and that means working on your own most of the time – you may need to be part of a team or with people on a regular basis
* you give up too quickly
* you have negative self-talk that takes you down
* you don’t get out and market yourself enough
* you think because you have a website and your business cards that is all you need
* you lack faith in your ability and you do not trust that the Universe is supporting you
Well ladies, this is what I know to be true about you:
* you have the talent and skills to create a successful business
* you came to me with your dream – it is your dream and only you can live it
* you can find a part time industry-related job that keeps you connected with other people and can be a way to find clients while you are building your business
* you are smart enough to know that you need to get help when you need it – whether this means more education, signing up for inspiring newsletters or daily inspirational quotes, working part time in your field, hiring a coach, etc.
* you can change your negative self-talk by consciously saying ‘Stop’ when those thoughts come in – immediately recite a positive affirmation
* you can start hanging around and connecting with positive successful women (in any business) find out what makes them tick
* you can remind yourself of why you wanted to do this in the first place
* you can set some realistic goals in the new year – keep them short term goals by starting with 3 month goals
* you can find out how you can achieve those goals
* you can start believing in yourself because I know the Universe wants you to have what you want
These are some of the home stagers and redesigners I have been blessed to have come into my life this year – see yourself successful and you will be!
Fabulous Women With a Dream They Have Dreams Dream Big Ladies!
Dreams Riding High! It Is Your Dream To Live
Big Dreams Happen!
PS My new book Start & Run a Home Staging Business is ready to be preordered due date February 2011. I wrote the book for people like you in mind – to get inspired and remember what you already know.
Posted on Fri, December 24, 2010
by Colleen McClure filed under